Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's Been Awhile

     So, I've been quiet (on here anyway LOL) and now I've been home since yesterday. A trip to New York is always welcome, but it always is bittersweet. I miss NY and love going back. I will say that thr travel to and from my beloved city this time was not optimum. The northeast was having a hurricane, first of the season. It caused havoc on the roads, with so much flooding. It took me a little over 7 hours to complete a 4 1/2 drive. I went out that night and the wine and hard lemonade helped calm my nerves and help sleeping. LOL Saturday night was a birthday dinner and Sunday was the best as we went to tea at this adorable tea parlor out on Long Island. It was such a wonderful experience, and the owner of the place was so sweet. He talked with us for a bit and explained what they had. Choice of the first pot was easy, as they had Yorkshire Gold as their house tea. We had that then for the second pot we had PG Tips. Thanks so much to my Friend in England who sent me my first tastes of these lovely teas. He has spoiled me. 
     I was decent with my food. I watched and was good with food choices, even forgoing my favorite NY pizza, to have a salad for lunch, I was over slightly on Friday and Saturday. Obviously it was the alcohol that put me over. Even on Saturday with the scones and OMH the most divine clotted cream, I was under my calories. Monday I was very under as driving I wasn't hungry that night. I'm doing better with choices, but I have had a craving for ice cream lately, just a scoop of real rum raisin or chocolate. I will wait though. I am headed to the gym tomorrow morning as it's been a week since I've gone. I actually am looking forward to it. It's going to hurt... LMAO 
     I put on my 3 1/2 heels this weekend and was actually walking in them with no real issue. I used to wear 4 inch back in the day.  Made me feel a little sexy. I have lost some sexy I'm thinking but I'm getting it back. I have though, gained much confidence!! 
     I am tightening my belt as hubs was laid off last week, although he got a fabulous redundancy package, it made me realize that I can do it. I've planned all kinds of projects including repainting my old bookcase. Wonder what color paint I'll look good in. HEHEHE
     Well just wanted to say hi and that I'll be back with some good stuff, promise. Leave me some comments guys. I'm not even getting them from my regular readers, that means you "M" and "T", yes needy, why do you ask? ;-D lol     Ciao For Now

4 comments:

  1. comments, comments, CoMmEnts, COMMENTS, comments, comments, CoMmEnts, COMMENTS, comments, comments, CoMmEnts, COMMENTS, comments, comments, CoMmEnts, COMMENTS, comments, comments, CoMmEnts, COMMENTS, comments, comments, CoMmEnts, COMMENTS, comments, comments, CoMmEnts, COMMENTS,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, who's the smarty pants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Cheeky friend from across the pond! 😜😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I thought!
    Anyway, weekend was fun, with the exception of my CIP travel melee. Having the cinnamon scone that I took with me Sunday. Still soft! There's been a definite upswing in you mood/attitude which I am so happy to see. I can usually tell by your posts but talking with you last weekend confirmed. Don't fret when you have the downside though. Like I've told up before they are needed. Good and bad go hand and hand. Give and take don't survive without each other. You've given support when it was so needed so don't think it's not here for you. You know I speak from experience on this. Now go have a little treat for yourself. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete