Sunday, November 20, 2016

Not Quite A Short Week

.   I say that as Thanksgiving is upon us, what used to be the "start" of the holidays. But when Christmas trees are side by side with Jack O'Lanterns it gets a bit muddled. I was at Home Depot yesterday and I will admit the trees really did look so pretty, with all the lights twinkling.  But as I was saying Thanksgiving is here, the grocery stores are having turkey sales and cranberry sauce and canned pumpkin for pies are right up front, along with the spices, and the pans to cook all these delicacies in.  For hubs and myself it's just us and the cat. I'm preparing a turkey breast, lots of veg, and as a treat I will be making a crust less sugar free pumpkin pie.  Stevia will be the sweetener for our feast. I know in my last blog I mentioned many things mom used to make, but we are focusing on the actual wording of this holiday.  The country is a bit crazed right now, and I personally feel, I need to put my focus on things and people who matter in my life. My dad, who's right up on that list, is having his dinner at the neighbors. I'm thrilled for this. They treat him like family, and I am very thankful for them. I love my Dad and miss him terribly, but truth, if he moved her, that would be the end of him. He has his routines that keep him active. I'll see him in several weeks time. Of course my hubby is my focus, poor dear us feeling a bit rough. Bit of stuffiness, it will pass but I don't like seeing him uncomfortable. Of course Sis, and my couple of dearest friends. I'll have more about them as we get closer to Thursday. Ooooh you're bursting at the seams in anticipation I bet. Hahahaha
     Moving on, it's almost 11 and I should be getting ready to sleep, especially as I was up at 5am this morning. What the hell got me up at that hour I'll never know. Hubs was awake as well. So we had a very lovely extended cuddle session, then we went downstairs and had breakfast. As we say their, the wind was literally howling around the house.  Yesterday was a high of 70, today it got up to 42. Same for tomorrow. My Uncle &Aunt upstate NY, got a decent amount of snow. First one of the season. I have a feeling, here in VA we are going to see some decent snowfalls as well. I think I need some additional blankets. Lol Even the cat has crawled under hub's blanket tonight. I see the little bump down by his feet. I put a video of her snoring on Facebook this evening, I love my little kitty.
      Well I am going to try and sleep, half 5 will be here soon enough. So until next time, ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment