Thursday, November 17, 2016

Here Comes The Weekend

     And the weather is going to be a big stretch, tomorrow it goes up to a high of almost 70 degrees F and Sunday it's only a high of 49 degreesF and windy. I can tell you right now, Sunday will be a day for cooking meals for the week ahead. I am getting a bit tired of chicken. And I really enjoy chicken. But I want some salmon, I love salmon. So I went through my south beach diet cookbook ,( yes I have one from a long time ago, it's an actual book! Lol ) to get a few ideas. I have some now. Since we can now have high complex carbs in moderation, I'm going to get some pork, buffalo and yes salmon. Will make a sweet potato mash, and a brown rice pilaf. Asparagus is on sale so yes please. Brussels of course too. I'll be busy but my plan us to have at least a full week and a half of meals to put in the freezer. Hubs gets home at about 6:15 so this way, a quick pop in the microwave (after thawing in fridge during the day) and dinner is ready. Like I told Sis, sometime around the Spring she may need to help me stay away from the NY goodies when I visit. I love her to bits.
     Right now both hubby and the cat are snoring.  It's one after the other, and the cat is pretty loud. It's not even half past 10, such party animals.  After this I'm settling in myself, yay tomorrow is Friday. It's been a stressful week, remnants of Colitus are still present but the cramping and, let's say need, to stay near home is past. Thankfully.  Sunday through Tuesday I was so drained. I felt like I ran a marathon. Dr said once there it's always there. Goes dormant, then BAM! It hits. Stress is a huge cause so there's been a lot cumulatively over the year ( or even two). My system went, fuck this, I'm out! Plus I'm eating more dairy, not the best thing to do with this. Lol But all good now.
     Coming home tonight, I was driving through an older historic section of town and of course lights are on, as it's dark by 5:30 now. So being me, (nosy) I look in the homes. Really nice Craftsman style and a few beautiful Victorians. And low and behold, I see a Christmas tree. All lit up and sparkling.  It looked beautiful but, but, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Come on guys, really. I miss the old days when you didn't decorate until it was December. It was usually the end of the first week in December for us. Mom always had lots of relatives over for Thanksgiving so one holiday at a time. Both were huge cooking/baking holidays so they each shined in their own time. It was nice to see but this holiday season is low key. Not even sure if there will be a big tree, but we have a little one that goes on the credenza. It's only 4' so I can even but the topper on it. Hahaha.
      Well peeps this was just a little blog tonight, more to come. So until next time, ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment