Monday, August 24, 2015

A New Week Begins

     I am all smiles as it's a short week for me ending in NYC. This weekend will as usual bring friends and fun, and my nose getting pierced. LOL    I'm very excited to see my old friend on that Friday. I'm heading out to Staten island to visit him and his partner. Simple night, I told him not to cook so I know we will do a pizza and salad, and antipasto. I'm bringing wine. It's catch up time.  Looking forward to it. Saturday is with Sis. Tattoo shop, camera store for her. The friends for dinner or music or both. Evening not set yet but that's fine. We can go where our noses take us. Sunday I'm headed back. I always hate leaving my dad but oh let me tell you the latest. I call him and he tells me he was at McDonalds ( he gets a coffee and reads his newspaper cover to cover - oh yes he does) so he's sitting there and he looks up and this woman is looking his way and she smiles at him. He smiles back. This goes on for a little while, so my dad gets up and WALKS OVER TO HER!! He asks her if she's waiting for someone and she says no. So he sits down and they talk. He gets up to go and she asks if he wants her phone number.. WHAT!?  After he tells me this, I ask him if she was widowed maybe.mhe said no, she's looking for work. I then ask how old she is. He says oh about 50. 50!!!!????   Oh no no, he can't pick up women younger than me. Holy crap, my dad's a dirty old man. LMAO. I told him I'm going to put a collar on him, he's such a dog. He cracked up at that. I like that he laughs, I enjoy seeing and getting him to laugh. He has no idea what's going on here at home, and I'm not about to tell him, unless of course we have to move there. Cross that bridge when we have to.
     Work is getting stranger than usual with the government/ private sector split. I was sent log in information to programs I'm not trained on but will be soon. By the end of October I'm thinking we will all be crossed trained in all departments. Thinking that they are going to split us into both groups and if we know all the areas we can help all who call. What I'd like to know is will there be any salary increases to go along with the added work? Time will tell.
     Hi spiked me up tonight after work and just as I was about to leave the office, not 3 minutes before, we get a downpour. Rain and thunder. I'm standing in the lobby, see hubs in the parking lot. Call him to bring the car right out front. I see him pull out and come over. Off come my sandals and I put I reusable shopping bag over my head so my hair stays dry. Out the door I each, barefoot and getting soaked on my body. I get to the car to get in and the bag slips right down over my head. I kind of stumble into my car, hit my head on the door jam whilst hubby is laughing like mad.  I pull off the grocery bag hood and well it worked, my hair was dry. The rest of me looked like a drowned rat. Lol I said did I look dumb, he replied not terribly until the entire bag just covered my head when I got to the car.  HA!
      We got home and hubs aide dinner. Simple burgers, cole slaw I made, (less fat and sugar) and salad. Yes it's simple but when you work all day and he's nice enough to have prepared a meal, well, those burgers seem like filet. He even did clean up.  Kudos to him, he knows as I said it to him. He did laundry also. I knowi know, he's home all day. He is looking for work but I told him its to the point where he now needs to put on his suit and hit the ground running, resumes in hand. I know he will get something, I just hope it's soon. I need my NYC release. Even if it's only 2 days there. One driving back.    Well that is it for now. Not much going on, nothing even remotely as interesting as what I've written already.  Hehehe. So until next post, ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment