Monday, August 4, 2014

Oh What A Night

     Let's go back to Friday, Lammas night celebration. It was fun, a frenzy of silks, drumming, and candle workings. The lady hosting had a gorgeous alter cloth, it was deep red, and she added some golds and yellows to it. Made for a cloth fire right there on the table. Her statues were nice too, and I found where she got them, had to ask. Well it only lasted about 2 hours but in that two hours, we thanked the God Lugh, gave thanks for the start of the harvest, for the season coming up. Soon it will be the autumnal equinox, as a matter of fact, if you really pay attention, you can feel it. The change in the air. I brought my bodhran (Irish drum), played it clumsily as I always do, but it's fun and after wine, it can sound in sync with the others. LMAO I enjoy celebrating in a group, this was an invite from my old neighbor, I really appreciated it. Was nice to chant, and go through the rites with others. I am usually a solitary practitioner, so it was a change. Different from my own workings but the core was the same. I hope to do it again sometime.
     So Saturday came, woke up early and did my usual shopping. Did a bit of farmers market shopping, enjoyed it. Got to see a turkey egg for the first time, and the turkey that laid it. Lol walked around, bought a few items. Love summer for this reason. The zucchini ( or courgettes as some call them) are plentiful. I really enjoy squash in most forms. Made an awesome diced tomato relish, with roasted garlic. Yum, love garlic. Hehe. Washed my car, and man did it need it. Oh speaking of my car.  I am finding my current way of driving as of late is with my left leg bent at the knee, like I'm in a chair. Lol knee bent. That's a new one for me. Love my Tink.
     Not much else, except Sunday, cooked some awesome roasts, yes 2 of them, and chicken tenders also. Have meals for the next two weeks. Hahaha. Love doing that. Getting inventive with my cooking and my bland palette has been adding more and more heat to my meals. Before long I may have to try a spicy curry. In due time of course. 😀
     So here we are Monday night. Ugh getting up this morning was hard, but I got in. I need a vaca but saving for November. At least we are now closed on the 29th of August. I can't believe in a short time it will be Labor Day. School starting again. Seems faster every year.   Spoke to a lovely woman today, and we got on the topic of tea and scones. I know......of all things right? I've been feeling like I need to bake soon, I like making scones. They are easy and yummy. I was on Pinterest today and downloaded some amazing scone recipes. Can't wait to make so e to bring in to work. I bake well. I don't skimp. Real farm fresh butter, organic milk, only the best, especially when I cook or bake for others. I must tell you peeps, I am enjoying life lately. I'm fairly well sorted, and happy. I can finally see a clear picture in my head of the goal. I will get there and who knows, might be even better than I imagined. 😎.  So I'm signing off and until next time. Ciao For Now.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment