Thursday, August 14, 2014

Art For Arts Sake

     It's been awhile since I picked up my art supplies. I am not sure why. I love to create, but with my really centering my mind on getting fit (which IS working although I doubt myself) I haven't gone near them. Well the other night I took a watercolor class and it re-awakened my creative side. This was a cool class. We all know watercolor pencils, pots, and crayons, but these were highly pigmented pieces of paper. I have never seen these. They are called Peerless watercolors. The company is over a century old. They are so vibrant and they blend well too.  I had a lot of fun. Of course I ordered the entire set, which was quite inexpensive considering you get 60 colors. I am planing to make swatches of all the colors this weekend and a few cars too. That is if the order gets to the store by Saturday. Lol I know it's silly but I'm excited to make some Halloween cards to send out.
     Really not much new here, same old boring me. Work and home, with the gym visits thrown in. Of course the usual hair color, nails, and the afore mentioned craft store purchase. I've also been reading quite a bit. I finished one book and am halfway through another. On a friends recommendation I have 2 Bill Bryson books ready to go. It was raining the other night and it was so great just to curl up in a chair and read. Pot of tea keeping me company.  How quaint, lmao.
     So thanks for reading and next week I'll have some stats as I promised about once a month I would mention my wright so I will check in with my scale and let the chips fly where they may. So until next time, ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. Are they matchbox cars you're making ? Think you may need a lot of water colours to make a normal size car.... just sayin

    ReplyDelete