Monday, August 11, 2014

It Still Is A World Of Wonder

     Maybe I will sound daft, perhaps someone will call the men in the white jackets to come get me. But tonight I went outside. There is a brilliant full moon in the sky. I was wearing only this lounge dress, it's decent, should anyone have seen me. But I had not a stitch on underneath and there was this breeze that surprised me. It was very hot today so it felt delicious as it went through my hair and around my legs and bare feet. The sounds of the night were everywhere. Crickets, tree frogs, and assorted local fauna, all were very vocal. Making it feel like I was out in the county, instead of what I have come to call "Occupied  Virginia"  Close enough to DC and travel, yet only about an hour away from kind of county. Two hours and you're there. I know it sounds stupid, but I had a shit eating grin on my face as I looked up at the sky, the moon, beautiful in her fullness, but the clouds were a very thin layer that stretched out like a fine gauze, off to the side of her. You could see way beyond, and way up. I started to cry, I actually fucking felt the tears come down. The whole thing took my breath away. Now I've seen many a full moon, and it always fills me with awe, but for some reason tonight was more like a slap in the face shocking me into reality. All of a sudden I felt very small, and very powerful at the same time.  I felt like she was telling me I'm okay. I needed this. Funny I was just telling someone today how I felt at odds with myself. I got an honest answer, which I knew I would and appreciate more than words can say. But this feeling tonight kind of felt like the cherry on the sundae so to speak. Sorry, but being fat I often use food references. 😂 LOL  I've been trying so hard, trying to do what's right and tonight I felt her wrap her arms around me and tell me I will be okay. I felt calm. I haven't felt calm in months. Oh fuck, there are those damn tears again. My friend was right - I AM a soppy sausage.  I know the path I am following is right and true. I will continue.
    So crazy lady signing off now. I will say as I always do. Ciao For Now.




No comments:

Post a Comment