Saturday, April 12, 2014

Just Give Me The Night

     Hello once again peeps. It's Saturday night, just about 11 pm. Hubs is nodding off and I am doing a crossword, but I needed to give my mind a rest from it as it was making me cross eyed. No pun intended. I've had an enjoyable day, went for a lovely drive as the weather was stellar. I went to the gym and did my circuit, on that a side note of frustration. I am wearing my jawbone again, but it doesn't measure anything that doesn't not include walking and the circuit doesn't, so it looks like I sat on my ass all day. I try to reserve that for work. Lol ah well I know it at least and I put it on my fitness pal to keep track of it. I did have some gelato this evening. It was super yummy, but I limit myself to a little even though I could have had more quite easily.
     Going to a brunch tomorrow, and making traditional English scones. I haven.  the recipe from a woman who married a man from England. I found it on Pinterest. Had very high ratings and they looked lovely. Not overly sweet, which I like. I am stopping at the store to pick up strawberry jam and clotted cream, or maybe Devonshire cream. I have put the question to my friend hoping he can explain the difference and suggest which one based on his preference I would imagine.
     Spoke to my friend today who was moving into her new house this very day. I am beyond happy for her. I love when I hear good news from dear friends. I like to know they are happy. I can't wait to visit her. It won't be for a few months as she wants to paint and arrange the home as she wants it. She has quite a decorating flair, and her home will look like a magazine I'm sure. I've seen it in the house she rented and in her apartment also. She's very good, good eye!
     I have to say I wrote a blog yesterday that I erased. It was a bit maudlin and I wrote it in frustration as I had no one to speak with. Just a bad night. As what usually happens, with the coming of the sun, it was better. I try to keep calm, for my health and my sanity, but on occasion, it's gets a bit much. The worst is hearing the words said that sting me, knowing they are not meant I try to let it go. Hell, most of the time, it's not even remembered. But today has been lovely, I'm feeling good, in a great mood. I was in such a good mood that I didn't even bug friends on Facebook although I know they were on. I am not the sun and their lives do not circle around me. So how selfish of me to act that way. I'm looking forward to tomorrow as brunch will be fun, the day is supposed to be as beautiful as today was. A friend at work gave me daffodils and I am planning to plant them around the lamppost in my front yard. They should look pretty there. So that is on the list for tomorrow as well.
     The tea cup is now empty and that is my cue. Party animal that I am, I'm heading to bed at half 11. Lmao I will be up early as I need to get an early start. So I will say to you all as I always do, Ciao For Now.





No comments:

Post a Comment