Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fighting Our Demons

     When we were young, we all thought about monsters under the bed, or in the closet. To this day, I will not go to bed with my feet out from under the covers. These demons were kept at bay, by our Mothers and Father's. As we "grow up" the demons change, and Mom and Dad aren't there to help us.  Today an actor died, he was pretty much a contemporary. He was under 50 and he died from an heroines overdose, so the early reports are saying.  He has a long relationship with heroine, but he was clean for years he said.  He leave his live in partner and their 3 young children. So she lost her mate and the kids lost their dad. His demons won, but why? What happened to him that made him give in to them. He wasn't shy about his addiction, I remember reading about it about a year ago. He went into re-hab, was trying. It makes me so sad, he was so talented. But in truth it also scares the hell out of me. Why you ask? Easy, I must face my demons every day as well. My demons are different, I don't have a drug issue. I have sweets and carbs issues. I'm working on them, but damn I could die from these as well. That sounds harsh, but the reality is there. But I am doing my damdest to reverse it before any major damage is caused. I already walk better but have a way to go. I want to be able to do the circuit over and over. I want to run across the street instead of power walking. Lol I will get there but scary times. To think of how our demons can overtake us at any point. Makes you shudder a little.
      I'm going to give myself a facial my friends so I am off to do that. Until next time, keep your demo a at bay and ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment