Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Ash Wednesday (or the day after gluttony day lol)

    Yep, yesterday was Fat Tuesday, Pancake Tuesday if you'd rather. People all over are eating pancakes and having King cakes and trying not the eat the plastic baby inside them. LOL  My favorite is the masks.  I adore them, The ornate carnival masks and the sexy lace ones, be still my heart! I will get to New Orleans one day and shake my boobs to get some beads, one day!!  LOL
    So now the good catholics of the world are waking up with headaches and a touch of regret for the indulgences of the night as they head into work bleary eyed. I myself am fine  lmao. I am , as my hubby says , a recovering catholic. I've been pagan for about 30 years, I went back to the old Celtic religion and have never looked back.
    I went to Catholic school for 12 years, which explains a lot!! HAHAHA   And this day is one that I always hated! I didn't like being "marked"  Says the girl with 12 tattoos  (smirk)  Thing is some of the priests were just over zealous and I swear even with soap and water it felt that the ashes never came off.  I wore bangs during grades 1 - 8 for just this reason. Then sometimes if there were too many ashes they would fall into your eyes during the day.  Ugh I just hated it. This is funny though and fairly accurate

So Im here at work and we are training all the replacements and although they are very nice I can't help being annoyed that I have to do this. Does this make me a bad person?   That's why I haven't been on much, every day its been so draining, I get home and I just want to sleep. Its not even physical tired just mentally draining!! And that hurts!! ;-)

So I just wanted to say hi and I'll be back peeps  so until then ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment