Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Wishing You All A Happy New Year

     So 2017 came in, at least in our household, quietly. It snuck in whilst watching The Twilight Zone marathon to be exact. LOL  No big bells and whistles, no watching overrated Divas who had earpiece issues mess up her song, Just me and hubs, both feeling a bit under the weather, enjoying each others company and hopefully setting a calm tone for the year to come.  Calm in the fact that no major illnesses or financial strains occur. Not calm in that no new adventures will ensue, as I am believing that they most certainly will.
    On the eve of the new year I spent over a hour speaking with my oldest friend in the world. I met him when I was a toddler, yep way back then, he was an old man old almost 5 years. Hehehe I've mentioned him before but we don't speak as often as we'd like. It was his mother who started my love affair with England. She spoke of her homeland often and I wanted to go see all these places she spoke of. But I digress.  Found out that my friend is now retired from the NYPD and living the no alarm in the morning life. Good for him, I can only dream of that day. It was his birthday also, so of course I teased him about that. We are hoping to meet up in the Spring.
    So then I was speaking with my friend who lived in Maine. I say lived as she is now back in NY after filing for divorce and is now re-establishing her life back to what she (and I ) consider home. I am happy for her as she gave up so much to move up there and well it just didn't work on many levels. Her eldest is in college now which make sit a little easier I'm sire. She is a great lady. I wish her the best.
     Its so odd, this year looks to be a good one gods permitting. I think it a time for downsizing, my stuff, my social media, just lots of things. I'm going to concentrate on those I know care, as they day "take care of my house"  so to speak.  My Sis is there and I know I can count on her, she has been my rick and continues to be so with no expectations other than just knowing I am here and I will always do whatever I can for her. Love her to bits, she is a special kind of person, and if you have someone like that in your life, someone who gives without the thought of reciprocity. This is a person who is rare and to be treasured - and she is. :-)

     So peeps, I  wish all of you the best in 2017, I hope all your hopes are made realities

Coai For Now

 

No comments:

Post a Comment