Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Back From The Big Apple

     Hi peeps, I was out and about the last 5 days. I believe I mentioned that I was seeing Dad, Sis and my friend from Maine who is now in NY, well I can truly say I had a very good time. Other than a touch ill while out with Sis on Saturday. No clue what that was about, but I think it had something to do with the food I ate.  All carby stuff. I had at my friends house.  I had a cocktail, potatoes and sweets.  Add that I had a bagel and cereal at my dad's for breakfast. 2x.  I think my body said NO NO NO,  you haven't done this, we no like it.  I think its good that I cant, keeps me on track, which I am yesterday and going forward. I gained 2.5 pounds!!!! My body doesn't like to process carbs either. Occasionally is fine, but this was 4 days I had some carbs each day. LOL
     Other than this, it was great seeing my old friend, she is doing really well and her home is adorable but the new house she and her man bought is huge!! They are planning a 6 person hit tub for the deck, I told her Sis and I will be there and she said great!  LOL
Speaking of Sis, well she spoiled me yet again. First off I got my fitbit!! I'm loving tracking my steps. I even parked farther away from our work entrance today.  I need to get back to the gym. She also gave me tops of many colors to paraphrase the play.  LOL  I also got a really adorable  owl mug that you can see in the pic of my room (its below) and I will be keeping my make up brushes in it. AND... a very cool owl mason jar that has a spice mix that she uses in it.  Also a great pink mirror compact for my handbag. She is so generous but that's not why I love her. She  id there for you and supports you without judging you. Yes, a great lady.
     Spent some time with the neighbors on Sunday and they are a hoot, we spoke about my dad and how things need to get fixed in the house. he knows many repair guys so he is going to get estimates for the back stoop, and the wood trim on the house.
I rode around the neighborhood and took a few pics. One was of the library, oh i was there all the time when I was a kid. I mean taking out no less than 6 books each time. I still read a lot. My mom would do he morning cleaning and then we would walk up to the avenue (a main street in town) and then over the few blocks to the library. I also have a pic of a very cool place to have a cuppa and a good meal. The owners are from County Cavan in ireland, my dad;s people are from there.  Nice place, good food and good teas!! Their full Irish (English) is enough for two people. But never enough black pudding, gods I love the stuff!!
 Okay so here are the pics , so you can leave now or look  LMAO  
 Me and Missy
One reason I love the house in NY

Meatballs and macaroni (pasta) I made for dad
 rearranged my bedroom, I got bored
Theres the silver owl mug  lol
 my newest mug and cool teab ball with an owl chain
 Tea at Sis' home on Saturday (we is posh lol)
The restaurant, Swing The Teapot - cute place
BOO!! LOL 

Ciao For Now peeps


No comments:

Post a Comment