Monday, August 22, 2016

Lets Start At The Very Beginning...

     Okay when I started this blog, what seems like eons ago, I was focused on weight loss. I have strayed from this, and it's gone to a daily report of my life, well guess what? I ain't that interesting!! LOL  What??!! You are saying to yourself, why my dear you are enthralling.  Okay, I just made myself chuckle, but really, I was faithfully writing every day, then I skipped a few days and now weeks at a time.  I am not sure why. That's a lie actually, I do know. Life got hard for a year, hubs out of work, me stressing over money and feeling like shit over it. I was lucky to have an amazing support group around me and I saw (and see) things a bit more clearly. I've learned how to budget (who knew), what matters in my life and I am now ready to face my secondary challenges again. So here goes.
     I purged myself of all my old things, clothes, make-up, friends. LOL  That last one was more Facebook than any other. I went through my list and deleted several folks that I had not spoken to in years. They were co-workers who have moved on or old friends from NY and the funny thing is I have not gotten any emails wondering why, so I highly doubt they even noticed.
   I've gone back on my fitness pal and been doing pretty well. There are been a few days I've been over my calories but I'm down 11 pounds. Today I was below my calorie intake until.......da da dum!!! I had 4 tiny peppers and a fiber one bar so let's add an additional 180 calories to my day. I'm over - by 10 calories, but it's still over.  Thing is I ate raw peppers and a low calorie bit of cake. I didn't change the day plan but I know it. I'm not sharing my food diary so it's only me that sees it, I'm not fooling anyone. Lol   I will do it.  I'm changing. I let myself throw a huge pity party this year and I gained weight and lost self esteem. But I'm slowly gaining them back. I dyed my hair red again. It's a bit brighter than I anticipated. I realized my error, last time I dyed my hair I was going from light brown to auburn, and this time I went blonde to auburn. I used the same ratios and well yeah, lighter. It's not horrible but it's not me. I can handle it for now, I'll change it in a few weeks. Have to give my hair time to strengthen a little.  I hope the remainder of this year brings more good things. I hope I get to see my friend from England if he comes to the states. It's 2 years since I went over there. It's time.
     I had to force myself to step on the scale, glad I did and the result was decent.  I have a gal friend who is thinking of getting gastric bypass surgery. The thought scares me, I've thought about it too, but I don't want to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm okay doing it slowly as long as I don't die. Lol it's hard I'm not lying, I'm not as good as I should be but gods I love Chinese food and oh man Thai food like Pad See Ew and Pad Thai just teases me. But I figure every once in a while will be a treat.  Lots of chicken and fish. Not too much red meat. Little by little.
     Well so I will be posting more weight things, aspirations, recipes, poems. More like the old blog complete with my spelling mistakes lol.  So until next time, ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment