Monday, January 25, 2016

Blizzard of 2016

      So the weathermen were correct, we got 30" of snow within a 2 day period. The official ruling for my area is 28, but it ended being 30.  Hubs went out to shovel and he's in a bit of pain. You know they still have not plowed our street.  You can't get out. You can walk to the main road, but there is no real way to get to work without the car.  He doesn't know anyone from work that can come get him. If they plow overnight he can go in. I took a vacation day as I didn't want to go in, as I figured it would be a right mess.
    All the photos on Facebook, including mine, showed all the snow that fell in drifts and prevented people from going anywhere far. My friend had a goodnight idea, and her kids were jumping off a small ladder into the snow. Looked fun. We had really high drifts, some taller than me.  I called my dad, because NYC got hit much harder than they originally said. They got basically the same as us.
     So I've been sketching, online, had great chats and here we are Sunday night.  It's not unusual to have nowhere to go on a weekend but the fact that there was no option,  made it weird. I really wanted to go out. Figures right?
      At 5:30 am this morning, it's now Monday, our street still had not been plowed. Checked in with a friend in NY to see if he was able to get into work. He's a teacher in Brooklyn. He lives in Staten Island and the mayor has opened the schools. How stupid. I know of others in the same area who got into work. And of course you have police, firemen, hospital workers. I hope they are safe. Here too, our emergency people and civil servents have to get in. I wish them all good luck.  I'm snuggled in my bed.  I'm fully awake, have brought up a cup of tea for me and for hubs (he's home today) but tomorrow I'm at work.  Message on my office phone said that the parking lot is not fully plowed so be careful. Hope it cleared by tomorrow.  I don't want to use vacation again. Schools and federal government offices all closed today. 30" of snow in 2 days is a lot to handle.
     Got some good sorting done on my laptop actually. Deleted old files and cleaned it up. Looks brand new. Backed up all my files and transferred music. Been wanting to do that for a long time.
So I'm baking today, looking st Pinterest to get inspired. Meatloaf tonight, chicken chili tomorrow. I want to go out and play in the snow but no one wants to. Boo!! What good is snow if you can't have s snowball fight? Lol. Well ciao for now peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment