Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Day In Queens

     So i find myself back in NYC, its been a two week break yet again. I am done after this trip until the end of February and i think thats okay, have things to do in VA. So Once more I made very good time and thats a plus as just as i pulled into the driveway I got such a leg cramp, oh man it hurt. Can't really show Dad how badly as he kind of freaks out if I'm in pain. Went right up to go to bed and I took some magnesium pills which usually helps but not last night. Hopefully better tonight.
    Off I went to get pastries for tonights gathering. As I passed by a church i could see a lot of cars and limos. Either a wedding or funeral. It was the later. At the point I was passing by the were bringing the soul down to the awaiting funeral car. I heard the church bells start to toll. I felt that I was intruding on a very private moment and as I drove past I could hear the bells still chiming in metered ringing. Very somber indeed, the gloomy weather just added to it. I felt a sense of passing grief, no I did not know the person, but I know loss. I was immediately struck at how hollow the chimes sounded, almost as if they were crying along with the family. Its interesting to note that around 4PM or so those same bells will most likely chime to mark the happy occasion of a wedding. There will be smiles on those church steps instead of the grief i saw today. I wonder what made those bells sound so hollow, and yet will sound so full and bright later on?
    More observations as I made my way along Tulip Avenue in Floral Park. Lovely little town. It still has a small town feel, signs that read Village Florist or Village Diner. Not big conglomerate names. Even the druggist, not a CVS or Duanne Reade, no this one said Floral Pharmacy. You can just imagine that the druggist knows the patients he dispenses the medications too. I went farther along and I noticed the deflated Santas and Snowmen on the front lawns. Christmas is over, even The Epiphany is past, if you follow that. Yet the last remnants remain. Maybe if by holding onto these decorations will keep the "Christmas Spirit" alive. Hey it could be that the weather is finally getting colder, or that this weekend they will indeed be packed away until next year. Thats how it is by where i am headed tonight.  A good pal in Lake Peekskill, and his partner are keeping up their decorations so we can see the house in all its holiday glory. He is even going to make another figgy pudding to add to the celebration. We will toast the holidays, there will be a small gathering of about 8 or so. One last toast to this New Year and then tomorrow the decorations come down. At least the outside lights wont be on. Im looking forward to tonight. Sis has never been up that way. I have no problem getting there, its at the top of the mountain, getting down is okay too, its just that teeny section of when you reach the bottom which way do you turn  lol
     Hey my friend got a new car, I'm beyond happy for him. It's always a great thing.  He has basically an identical car to mine now.  He originally had the Fiesta which made me look into one and i can understand why he likes it. Its very roomy for its size and its a sweet looking car too. So I test drove one and bought one. Our front fascias were different though, but now with his new one, they are the same. Except of course the steering wheel is not on the proper side. LMAO  I wish him many happy and safe driving miles.
     So the 800 million dollar powerball is tonight. Can you imagine??? yeah I'll let ya know how that goes! :-D
Well, I need to do a few things then hop into a shower to get ready, Sis will be her in just over 2 hours. So enjoy the rest of your weekend peeps. Ciao For Now


No comments:

Post a Comment