Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Well Hello Tuesday Masquerading As Monday

     Well how do peeps. Yes it's the first day back after a long weekend, and all things considered, today was a very decent day.  It went really fast too. I was excited that my Tupperware order came in today. WOW,  that sounds even more lame when seeing that in print. LMAO I mean  I can now microwave eggs for breakfast, part of my plan. 😊
      Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath, and remember all you have. You know I am a frustrated poet/writer. I've been working on a story for my friend's daughter. Kind of a trade off. She is going to draw me a piece of art for me to hang in my NY bedroom, and I was to write her a story. I started it, and got about halfway done. I kind of painted myself into a corner with the tale and it's been harder than completing a Rubick's Cube to get myself unstuck! Fuck me, but I will get that cool twist and finish, just hasn't knocked on my minds door and walked inside yet.  I should get myself a journal of sorts and carry it with me. Oddly enough I do have the app notes on my phone, but it doesn't seem the same as a cool old fashioned bound journal. Pen to paper, old school, the way they used to do it. I envision the likes of Yeats, or Thoreau, sitting and looking out at the surroundings and words coming into mind, then onto paper. Filling this tome, this collection of thoughts copied onto pages, to keep, to cross out and re-write. Yes one day I will wander into a store and purchase a proper journal.
      Expect lies, but be truthful
      Know there is sorrow, but share joy
    Silly little lines like those just often pop I to my mind. So fucking profound, I am. I'm sure one day my red shoe story will be told in front of fireplaces. A modern Aesop she fancied herself, they will say, as they repeat my little tale. Wait, you've not heard it? Oh peeps, gather round and listen to this.
" I had been in a store with friends, feeling a bit of a clunky cog in a otherwise smooth gear. Well we ended up in the shoe department. We were drawn to all the beautiful shoes, heels, wedges, all colors and materials. Then I notice off to the side a funky little pair of red shoes, not really shoes, more of a cross between an oxford and a hi top sneaker ( or trainers if you will). As you can guess, they were nothing to look at, but I felt drawn to them. I asked to see them in my size and yes, I bought them! They were my go to shoe. They were comfortable, they fit me well and they were sturdy on all terrains. Then I said out aloud one day that I wanted to be like my shoes. My friends thought I was crazy, of course yes I am in a way, but not in this. Here was a pair of shoes that I'm sure were overlooked by many people. But given a chance, they turned out to be fantastic. They didn't hurt my feet , they were dependable, and they were actually cute, even though initially you may not have seen it. I said oh to be a little red shoe, and surprise everyone!" End of the tale. I know it's very Ugly Ducklingish, but I never said it was an original thought. LMAO.  See I need to come up with original things
     Why am I so awake at half 12 in the morning. I will pay for this I know. I will have to use my concealer from Yves St. Lourant (sp?). I also have, for under my eyes, a de puffer.  How I wish they made a huge version that I could roll over my body to de puff. Hahaha, yeah if only.  I took off my make up and brushed my teeth. I applied my moisturizer, then took a good look in the mirror. I liked what I saw. I looked okay, shiny, but okay. Actually I looked better than okay, I looked like me!
Ciao for now peeps. :-}



No comments:

Post a Comment