Thursday, May 22, 2014

And I Ran ......

      With my director - at work - today!! Lmao. I was coming from one section of the office and he was approaching from the other and then we met up and I said, " come on Jose, let's run" so we sprinted off towards the end of the office. My manager was starring wide eyed. Number one - I was running in the office and number two - Jose was acting silly. Running, me! What the hell came over me. I just blurted it out and he ran, I tend to make him laugh.  I'm sometimes goofy and I guess people get amused. I like that actually, I enjoy making people smile. Lots of youngins at work and they love to talk about the Eighties and Nineties. I bring in candy and often bake on the weekends. I have been known to bring brownies and cookies. So mama Mary comes out. It's comfortable, and like I said they are happy with me. Just want another position where I'm not on the phone all the time. I'm starting an excel class soon offered by our work. It's in one of our systems that list classes and they are free, so why not. I know very basic excel, but I want to learn all of it, spread sheets, power point , etc. it's free, I'm stupid not to take advantage of it.
      Well I've been looking at getting some nice fat girl clothes. I have some decent new blouses but I want some dresses. I have my eye on a few shoes, in bone, black and print. Now shoes aren't cheap, not decent ones anyway. Bigger size clothes can be really expensive. I was turned onto this site called Gwynnie Be.  Basically you pay a yearly fee and you can get outfits from dozens of stores. Now you wear these then return them. If you like them, you can buy them at a discount cost. I was looking at the dresses and tops/bottoms, they have some amazing things. They wash them and get them ready to wear again. So I'm thinking of trying it. There is one place called Igigi, they have stunning outfits but not cheap. $108 is a dress minimum. Using this service I can try them and see the fit and comfort. Game plan on for the long weekend.
     Yes speaking of the long weekend. Here in the US it's Memorial Day. A day of remembrance for those who gave their lives in service of our country. Oh a throwback to the last paragraph. I found a pair of walkers on the Tom's shoes website, kind of espadrilles bottoms with canvas body with a stressed American flag motif. So cool. Want for the 4th of July hehehe. Also want to get a few odds
and ends at a store called Home Goods. They have...um...home goods. Lmao
      Oh sitting here in my bedroom, sitting semi crossed leg on my bed, kitty snoozing near me, hubs is is in the computer room across the hall. I'm burning a Yankee Candle, the scent is beach plum. It is my all time favorite scent of theirs. They have limited supply on their website, but it transports me to Long Island.  The beach, not the busy commercial ones, but the ones you find out in the Hamptons, or Montauk. Cape Cod houses in slate blues with white shutters, very serene. Calm breeze, surf in the back and along the beaches the scent of beach plums in the air. I adore it. They are found in said Cape Cod and Massachusetts coastline also. It just amazes how a scent can calm me, makes me want to feel sand on my toes. 😀 beach plums are more like a blueberry. Similar taste, but the flowers, oh the scent is divine.
      Well one more day, then nothing to do for 3 blistfull days. Gym is one of them for a few hours, but then FREEDOM!! I would love to go see the X men movie, but doubtfull. Will drop in on in-laws at some point, maybe all go grab a crab dinner. Fresh crabs at Tims. Waterside, nice views, hot fresh crabs, cold Peronis. Sounds like a plan. Tim's Rivershore Restaurant and Crabhouse in Dumfries VA. Check it out and be jealous. BWAHAHA
     It's now almost half 9, I'm putting the blog away for now. Some thoughts for the next few, but it's smelling soooooo good in here, I'm going to make a pot of tea for hubs and me, then go read the book I'm into at the moment. Love reading, have about 5 books for my summer reading all set to go. So as always, ciao for now 💋
   



No comments:

Post a Comment