Saturday, May 3, 2014

New York - early Saturday

     I mean early. It's 2am, and I've been here just over an hour. My numbers were not so great on my up today as I spent 5 hours driving up to NY tonight. The new cars first big trip. She did great. Baby has lots of oomph,  and looks good. Just like her driver. Lol I was making great time then on the last leg of the journey as I was coming off the Verrazano Bridge, the traffic to the Belt Pkwy was backed up all the way to the exit on the bridge. So I was able to get out of it and I took the Brooklyn queens expressway instead. Through Brooklyn and not always top rate areas but I have driven these roads many times. Instinct took me home.
     As I lay here in bed listening to the noises outside my window, I can imagine being transported back in time to younger years. I still hear the traffic on the Grand Central Pkwy.  It's a good 2 miles away but sound travels this time of the morning. It's still a quiet block. I almost think I hear Michael's car go by. A past boyfriend. Who was a friend and still is. His mom was from England and she watched me often. So started my love affair with England. Mike would get home then take Brandy got a walk. He would wait for me to come outside. We would talk and make out and quiely laugh for hours, while Brandy just waited. She was a Dalmatian and a good girl. It was sweet and is a pleasant memory.   Mike and I have  known each other forever it seems. This room, this house, my dad! They all are slightly fading. This house needs an overhaul (hell so do I lmao) but my Dad was saying he cleans, he polishes the furniture and he cleaned the bathroom. I look around and wonder where? But he is 86. So I say nothing as I pick up the sponge and give the sink a scrub. I did the dishes he had there also. I wish I had more time to spend here. To give it all a good scrubbing. As for my dad. He's getting thinner and he seems frail. Not in the sense that he'd break if hugged to hard but in a way I can't explain. But those of you with older parents know what I mean. To the world they think themselves forever 25. Able to do it all still, but when you watch them, it seems even a tea cup
seems  heavy for them. He's got lots of fire left in him but the fireplace is looking tired. I love him dearly, he loves life, always has but again I am sensing something. Just a feeling. Not bad. Just nature.  This I can't explain. It was this way last visit too never was before. I am not sure why I'm getting this vibe. Sorry for the downer but it's almost half 2 now. I love him, he is my Da! Shaking this off now.  Busy weekend. Visit friends in their new home. Partying Cinco De Mayo style. Then a friend's little boys birthday when I get to VA tomorrow. I am not sleepy but I must try.  So have a fantastic Saturday make it a funky one. Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment