Sunday, March 2, 2014

Early Morning Thoughts and Musings

     I know I don't post as often as I used to, but then again sometimes life just gets in the way of a good time. LOL. It's early Sunday morning and I'm in the kitchen area of a residence inn that is more like a small condo or flat! It's quite comfy, not high brow by any means, but it has it's own basic charm. It really has everything you need, and in a very strange way, it's teaching me something. It started out all because our water heater died, then black mold was found and before you knew it, the hubs rather enjoyed getting away from the house. I'm not sure why really, I can only assume, and we all know that never works as we figure. I'm not complaining as the bed here is so very comfortable. (We are in dire need of a new one) This is a Marriot, so it would follow that it must maintain at least some extras to live up to the name. It's not a budget place, but not 5 star either. Kind of like me. Hahaha. What I'm learning is that although I adore the finer things in life, and have been treated to several through the generosity of people, I am realizing that in life, you need to sort out the basic things before you can add on the luxuries. I'm doing fine here on weekends, cooking up a storm. We freeze the meals so that during the week when I'm at work all hubs has to do is thaw something and steam some fresh veg, and there you have it. A real meal, not some fast food . I have basic cookware here. Not my fancy all-clad pans and sauciers. I can make my way around any kitchen really. But getting back to my point. (Gods, but don't I go off?) I'm taking care of basics so I can enjoy the perks. First and formost is my health. Unfortunately the year started in hospital with pneumonia. It never truly left me. So as I'm typing this I still am on medication for the damn thing. Apparently I still have fluid in my lungs. Praying this is not becoming chronic, although I think I'm being a bit of an alarmist there. It's just so frustrating!! I'm on a steroid inhaler at the moment, and holy shit, the list of possible side effects makes the shortness of breath seem more favorable. But I do fell better when using it. I was on antibiotics but they are done now. I have yet another doctor appointment next week. There are a few things that are bothering me. Basics remember 😀 For me one big one is that I'm being told I can't go to the gym, as I am so short of breath. I hate this, HATE THIS! I must move as this staying still is not helping my losing weight. The other thing is I feel like an invalid. Hubs has been taking me into work bless him. Reason being, that in order to park close enough that I won't collapse before I reach the entrance to work, I have to get there an hour and a half early. The parking lot fills up fast. I had no trouble parking away from the building, as a matter of fact, I was doing it on purpose ( more walking) but as of late, if I'm too far, I start to sound like Darth Vader with a cold.
I know I'm going all over the place but bear with me, the thoughts are just coming and I'm only being the conduit here. ACK, RUN!! Lol
     Thing is I don't know why I'm here, in this place, that for some reason, I am redecorating in my head. Oh yeah, I am! I can see this being a very cute place for someone. You know when I look at houses, the first thing I think of is where will the Christmas tree go. I'm daft, what can I tell you. LMFAO
     A friend posted a video of her dad, and I was mesmerized at what I was watching. I enjoyed it because it was so freeing. It made me think of when I did community theater and all the dancing I did in them. I loved the movement. The human body is so fluid, and moves so well. We often tend to squelch the impulses to move, but why? It's wonderful to be expressive, through dance, or singing, or anything really. We were not made to sit in little cubicles all day, yet we do. Well I do, and I take my breaks and put in my headphones and listen to music, a bit of freedom even if it's only in my mind. I did a free style dance when I was in the play "Hair", I danced the "Shapoopie" in "The Music Man" and countless other plays, the highlight of course was Godspell whee our version was more like DANCESPELL. Shook my groove thing on that one I tell you! I want to get that me back. Does that make sense? The girl who moves, the free spirit. She is returning slowly and I like her. She's an odd duck though but in a good way. She is too oversexed perhaps, hahaha, it's not her only thought, but when she likes something she wants to have no boundaries. She hates mundane, yet yields to it, as we all must, in order to earn the fun times. I'm going to say this, I almost put this as a Facebook status, but decided not to. " As much as I love clothes, and getting all dressed up, naked feels fabulous!" BWAHAHA, told you, odd!
      I'm also very grateful for every fucking thing I have. Not as much as some, but more than many. I'm blessed with a loving family, and super fabulous friends. I also have friends I haven't met yet across the Atlantic. You know, ( and my only mention of England ON THIS BLOG TODAY LOL) going to England has been a lifelong dream for me, and I am humbled to know that I have people over there who are not only turning their life a bit topsy tuvey for me, but those I haven't even met yet are making me feel welcome. WOW!!  To quote Maria from The Sound Of Music: "Somewhere in my youth, or childhood, I must have done something good!"
      Off the chart morning rambling today but hey, it's half 6 in the morning and I've been up a little over 2 hours. So just roll with it peeps.  I think I'm to make the first of I'm sure several cups of tea. Love my Yorkie Gold. 😚. So I'm going to say once more, Ciao For Now.























No comments:

Post a Comment