Sunday, March 23, 2014

Do we know when?

     There's a saying from the from the gospel of Matthew that says, if the homeowner knew when the thief was coming, he would have stayed home. 😝Yes you can take the girl out of the bible but 12 years of catholic school stays with you no matter what. Lol. Well I'm just asking if you believe we know when our time on earth will be ending. Like we act different or do different things. It's just that I went to see my dad this past weekend and I noticed, on the table next to his chair, was a set of rosary beads. Now most Cathoilic homes gave at least a set or two. I even have the ones I got on my first communion. But Dad has never ever done a rosary. Not at church, not as an usher at church, not when, family dies, never! So imagine my surprise when he told me he has been saying them for a while now. My immediate reaction was suspect to say the least. Then I got sad wondering if he thinks jus time is coming. You see, his father was never sick, just like him. Just didn't wake up one morning. My father has said more than once, that he will be the same. Just odd but if saying the rosary brings him a spence of peace, good for him.
      Was a great weekend. Obviously I saw my dad, but also friends, and as always it was great. Food, spirits and laughs, a trifecta win! One couple there, OMG, one night they heard a pop and go look outside. Seems a live overhead wire had fallen right next to their car. Needles to say their car went up in flames. Gone! So the host of the evening, gave his older car to the couple so they would have a car. See, these are the people I know, wait let me be more specific as I know many people. I should say these are the people I hang out with. Funny and friendly and giving. Makes for a fun time always.
      My happiest moment this weekend was a shock of happiness, when I tried on a pair of slacks in petite length and they fit perfectly. Usually I still have to get them hemmed but these I can wear tomorrow for work and I'm going to! Lol. Woohoo! It's the little things, or in this case, the short things, that make your day sometimes. I told hubby and he said, "are you sure they aren't Capri pants?"  Oh funny funny hubby. Grrrr lol
      Well peeps, I'm going to put the kettle on and get ready to watch Cosmos, so I will say, as always, Ciao For Now.

1 comment: