Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Harvest Moon

    This Friday, the 16th of September is a full moon. Some call it the corn moon, some the harvest moon. It comes as a precursor to the Autumn Equinox, which arrives on the 22nd of September at 10:21AM EST. I know lots of folks hate that summer is ending. I am not a fan of heat and humidity, mainly because I am at work, not on some island enjoying a fruity rum drink. I could get used to that LOL But perhaps because I am born in the fall I get a sense of rebirth this time of year. As much as I like laying in a fetal position stark naked, I mean I feel it more emotionally. I seem to come alive more this time of year. I adore the tastes and scents of Autumn. I almost get a sense that I want to nest.It makes sense if you think about it. You spend more time at home as the days get brisk. It makes send to want your home comfy and welcoming.  I always have autumnal scented candles going this time of year. Apples and cinnamon, cloves are common. I love the spicy woodsy smells. Makes sense  as I like them in perfumes and colognes also. Smells like hugs. I love to hug.  Humans, we like to think we have come so far but our instincts from years gone by kick in and we have no idea why. LOL I have to laugh, I know why, we didnt have electric heat, electric air conditioners, we lived by the land, the sun and the moon. As much as we have gained, and dont get me wrong, I am a huge fan of modern conveniences, but we have lost something also.  I am trying to regain this.  In my way of course. Marking the moon phases, marking the Equinox, saying thank you before I take a bite of food for the animal that gave its life so I can continue with mine. Its a simple ting I can do in a very un simple world.  A world that scares the hell out of me sometimes.  Our government is going crazy, we are more divided than ever. People want to re write history as not to offend people, NFL player who make millions are protesting because they are oppressed.  How the fuck are they oppressed?? Give some of that money you get for playing a game to those who are oppressed. Put up or shut up, I am glad the are losing their endorsements, they are nothing but asswipes. There are some who go against them and more power to them. It all does you head in really. So yep, let me make my home cozy and warm. I plan to bake, bake some goodies for friends and coworkers, I want my finds to settle their lives. So many , actually I think all of us need to do some house cleaning. Get our heads to  place where we can settle don and be happy for months. As the next season will approach sooner than we think, we need to hunker down, and get our physical and mental selves in a place that we can handle and shape into a pleasing outcome. It aint easy, but deep breaths, phone calls, facetime, basically sharing helps us. Remember our ancestors knew that being in a group or having friends made one stronger. Alone is fine but to be always alone makes you vulnerable, to others and even worse to your own inner voices.
     Did I go off again? LOL   Well I will stop here, and until next time, ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment