Sunday, December 27, 2015

Well Done

     A tiring weekend but a great one. My surprise visit was well received. Getting there though was a chord. The drive was actually very easy, no cars BUT the fog was extremely think. It felt like I was driving through a cloud.  A friend of mine had said when he went skydiving you could taste the clouds. I imagine this was the same. I opened my window and it felt like I put my hand into something. It was that dense. At points I had to put my wipers on as it was misting strongly. It seemed if a car was in front of me (not often) it was swallowed up by the fog. I didn't realize how tense I was until it disepated and I relaxed. I wasn't afraid, just über concentrating. Even so I got to dads in great time and I went to a Starbucks to waste some time. Then I called him and wished him a Merry Christmas. So he was quite surprised when he answered the door and there I was. Lol all day he kept saying that he couldn't believe I was there.  Hubby was going to come, then he decided not to because the trip would not be good for his back BUT he actually caught a really bad cold and was running a fever yesterday so it's good he didn't come.
     I made a mini feast for me and dad. Roasted chicken, stuffing, spinach, baked sweet potato, cranberry sauce (that was ocean spray in the can hehe). I also made a nice beer bread using one of the Guinness I had brought.  I filled his plate high and he ate it all, sans one half of the potato. He still gas a good appetite.  88 this coming Tuesday and he is still spry. I'm fortunate.  So we ate, I did the dishes (no dishwasher at Eds gaff) then I put the kettle on and served the tea with this cake that a neighbor made for him. It was tasty, she said its popular from where they are from. Which is Guiana I believe.
     I made him a nice brekky next morning, I vegged a bit which was lovely. Then I met up with a friend and we went for brunch. I had a full English and I was explaining black pudding to her and she kept making faces. Was funny to see. I love the stuff. Was a great time, and then I went shopping. Made a lovely meatloaf for dad to have later on. I was so full from brunch I did not have dinner.  I did speak to a very dear friend. I met him when I was 2. Lol yep his name is Mike and he is the brother I never had. His mom was from England and I believe she started me with my love of England. We had a picture of the sacred heart in our kitchen, she had a picture of the Queen.  I spoke to Mike about 2 hours. We were so close, we even dated when I was about 17. He was almost 21 hehe such rebels.  It was a natural progression but we both agreed it wasn't right. It felt great but we were too close in thoughts and likes.  Like I said, brother from another mother.  I get that sometimes. Lol
     I also spoke to a friend of mine in England who I've never met but he is a nice enough guy. He's had some wife issues and they are divorced now but he would talk about her and I'd listen, give an opinion now and then. He's sweet, wish I knew someone I could set him up with.  When we were talking I realized who he sounded like. He sounds like Ringo Starr, the inflections, the scouse sound where things go up at the end of a sentence. I think that's scouse or is that gordy? Am I spelling them right.  He's not from Liverpool though, somewhere with an R.
      I even face timed with sis in New Jersey. She was visiting her parental units. I spoke to them as well, they are very cool people.  I will meet up with her one day so we can all go to the Amish Market. Looking forward to it.
     So I'm home now and I'm tired.  Hubs looks like hell warmed over, poor dear. We had dinner, and it's staying down for him. Which is good, gross but good. So now you have my run down, thrilled you are I bet.   My Yoda imitation. Hahaha. So ciao for now guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment