Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weight What Want Not!

     So I finished my first week of Weight Watchers. It's interesting that now I am logging into 2 websites to track my food. It does make you very aware of what goes into your mouth.  I am able to reach places I had lost touch with, and now reach again and a tad bit better. Onward I go. I am delving into the land of green smoothies. I have been having an egg or two (depending on my appetite in the am) or a Greek yogurt. Fage being my personal favorite. So thick and creamy. But in reality, aside from my morning caffeine, I'm not always hungry. I have found myself under my calories for the day at almost half. If I figure 1200 a day I have been coming in at about 900. All fine and dandy but I know that if you don't eat enough your body hangs onto your fat. Like old friends that just don't want to leave a comfortable get together. Well I want to get closer to my goal and 1000 calories to 1200 sounds okay. So in order to get nutrients and yes even calories I am going to make smoothies for breakfast. Thank you for staying on my little tangent there, hope you kept your arms and legs inside during the ride. 😀 I have purchased a small but mighty personal blender for this purpose. Wait! Did I tell you all this already? It feels like I did. Well so as not to repeat myself, I did some smoothie shopping. Got some kale, stevia all natural sweetener ( no more equal or Splenda) Stevia is a leaf that just happens to be very sweet. Also some fresh frozen blueberries. Bananas and carrots.  I'll let ya know how it turns out. I'm actually really excited to start. I get weighed in tomorrow so we shall see how my first week went. My weight loss journey can be described in 2 old songs. First is " The Long & Winding Road" by the Beatles. Second is "what A Long Strange Trip It's Been" by The Grateful Dead.
     Well spoke to my friend, the ones whose had a family loss. He is okay and I was relieved. I figured I did enough, I'm sorry. You have to keep going, maybe even laugh. It's okay and he's a smart man. He knows my deal, and bless him, STILL calls me friend. Lol
     It's raining, and I don't even care. I'm thrilled again, as I was telling my dad about my upcoming trip, I mentioned going for my passport. Oh did I ever mention that it arrived!? Yep it did. So of course I now want to get a cute little "purse" with a shoulder strap. To hold my passport and some cash, etc. I've seen them and now I get to buy one. Lmao. I'm so bad hehe
     Speaking of my dad, I finally met his lady friend. She is very nice, very sweet. They do look cute together. I have to admit. I know I tease a lot about the entire situation, but in truth, I'm very happy he has someone to share things with. They go to dinner and next week, hold on to your hats, they are going to a movie. I'm very glad he's getting out.
      Well my peeps, it's almost the witching hour and I've done quite a bit of driving today, is I'm going to bed.  Ciao For Now.








No comments:

Post a Comment