Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Well Hello Again Lovelies NYC is Coming

    Okay I did say I wouldn't be posting everyday, and I haven't.   Not a whole lots going on really, my weight loss is continuing slow and steady, but I am going to NYC next week and I am going ot enjoy myself, I promise you .  I am going to have a slice (or two) or real pizza , a real bagel and oh yes a bacon egg and cheese on a roll. or as we call them a BEC.  LOL   These rolls are also special to the NY/NJ area.  They look like a kaiser roll and are similar but the taste is definitely unique. Unless you have had one you cant understand.
Here is what that lovely breakfast looks like
I tend to get the rolls with no poppy seeds on them as they stuck in my teeth something aweful
And of course a visit to Umbertos is called for, here they are

one word - Delicious.  Ad garlic and peppers or onions or all of them and its just perfect. Dad loves the meatball parm or sausage and pepper heros (subs) they have. The city itself has so many fabulous places to eat and so many great foods from all over.  Sis and I are going to have brunch on Sunday at a place called Swing The Teapot, in Floral Park  Long Island. I see a full english in my future there.  LOL   is it any wonder I am trying to lose weight, I've had years of practice putting it on. :-D haha

But its not just the food, its my family, Sis and Dad, cousins and friends. They are my heart in NYC and I miss them.  It will be great having more than a day to see everyone.
NYC gets in you, if you are from there you never leave, you may live other places but NYC will always be home. Hate it or love it its part of you.
Well I will have more next time.  Ciao for now peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment