Friday, October 28, 2016

OH Matron, A New Blog

     Not really sure how that phrase even reads to a proper Englishman. But I like it so fuck it I'm using it.  With all the craziness at work of the will we or won't we have jobs, our manager sends out a group chat on our Skype for business. Asks up to say yes if we can see it. Then - nothing. So of course there's nervous laughter, we are all getting fired. Or getting a two week notice. Finally he comes on to say there will be a 15 question Halloween quiz, winner gets to go home early.  Lots of real laughter at that point. It was actually kind of fun, and I give him kudos for trying to bring a little light into a dark room so to speak. We had lots of laughs, one question was name the girl who was possesessed in The Exorcist , one of the guys puts my name on the group portion, of course every one, even me, laughs. We had to give the answers to his account only not the group.  Monday the spirit squad I'd having a breakfast bash, with bagels, scones, breakfast pastries, coffe, tea, juices. And I will be full on point with my South Beach Diet. Lo. It's okay, it's nice they are trying. Some folks here are very nice, it's the big wigs above who don't care. We've started calling ourselves the Expendibles. Of course we are needed, but they don't see that. They're in a huge high rise, brand new building, where as we are in a mid century building that needs a bit of love. Think Charlie Browns Christmas tree, it needs a little live, it's not a bad building.  Just needs to get its tits perked up a bit. 
     So speaking of South Beach Diet, I've been losing, just eating better but yes I do enjoy my bagel Wednesday at work, but no more. I've lost almost 30 pounds and now, along with my hubs, I'm going back to the no carb, then low carb life.  I'm ready, I'm pumped and Sis is starting her plan, my friend in England has been losing, the time is right.  Tenacity has kick in, and I will get there.  One of the women who works on the same floor as me was walking behind me as I went to my car. Didn't know she was there. When I turned around she came over and said she really could see how much weight I'd lost, especially from the back. (My tummy has always been my problem) but she said it again, I looked flatter. Was glad when she added that my stomach was what looked flatter. I'd hate to think my boobs  got even smaller. Lol. It was so sweet of her and it felt really good to hear and I admit added to my resolve.  Will keep you gently  posted as no one likes a lecture on how to lose weight every time they read a blog entry.    
     Tomorrow will be sad for me, my mom died 19 years ago on the 29th.  It's not really easier. I mean I don't weep my eyes out but there are tears. I now can focus on the fun times more. Which is good.  I had a true friend in my mother, oh my god I'll never forget the first time she realized I had had sex. She asked with who, I told her and she was like reall? Then she asked about one boyfriend she particularly liked and I said yes. She then she asked if it was nice. Nice?  Needless to say I stopped the conversation right there and we laughed. 
      Ah peeps, I'll be back, probably Sinday. Have a few more things to post.  But ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment