Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 2 Of The Birthday Holiday

   So it seems that i am sampling foods from all over on this trip. Started with a lovely brunch at the quaint tea parlor where as I had not quite a full English, but a modified scaled down version. There was the eggs, sausage, English bacon, black pudding, tomato, and potatoes.  No white sausage, no beans , and the rashers of bacon & the sausages were a much more normal quantity, I only took a bite of the bacon and gave Sis my sausage to go with her eggs benedict. A huge pot of tea and some brown bread split between us made for a very filling brunch, then it was off to shop and yay I got jeans, but boo they are way too big. Yay I know but I now need to exchange them.
    Spoke with my dear friend overseas, was wonderful to have a real nice chat and that we know we are there for each other, its so important to know that people care about you. i have him, my hubby of course, my Sis, Dad and just a handful of people that I truly care about but thats to my core and I don't take that love and trust lightly. Im a nutter and I like i can be that way with all of these people, even had dad laughing a lot today.  Brought him home some Shepards Pie for tomorrow nights dinner. Sis took my leftovers and between here and mine she has another meal. I didnt want to take them as when I get back to VA i go back to 800 calories days and shepards pie is not on that.  of course as it seems to be the norm its more a cottage pie as the meat is ground beef, or minced if you prefer that term. Real shepards pie is made with mutton. So English Sunday, Irish tonight. Tomorrow night we head off to the Oak Chalet for German cuisine. Its Oktoberfest time so Im sure there will be some extra choices. And Wednesday Sis is bring pizza and hero sandwiches to the house so we round this out with Italian.  Gluttony at its finest, but not really, breakfast with dad then nothing else until dinner so its not as bad as it seems. But I can tell you I needed some Alka seltzer tonight. My system is not used to rich food
anymore, not this much of it all at once anyway.  That is a good thing but Ive also learned that I can indulge and still be good too. Ive learned balance. Hubs being out of work has taught me how to budget and i mean in cooking also. Stretching the meal with more veg has made me need to eat vegetables more often and thats  a good thing. Although I admit tomorrow, I may indulge in a favorite, apple strudel. They do it well here.
     Hubs was upset tonight, I dont know if its because Im not there but the cat wont leave him alone. Wasnt bad last night as Monday was a holiday for him at work but he has to go in today (its past midnight) and if he doesnt get sleep, oh boy. Not pleasent.
     Im still wired so what do I do, take a few shameful selfies. I really try not to but my make up turned out well tonight and my face is a bit thinner and well I was alone and unsupervised  LMAO   So I tried to be artsy, heres how that turned out hehehehehe
Im an only child, what??????? LOL yeah I get needy, deal with it! We all need some approval in dark moments. 
As one can tell I am so not a professional photographer, but I do it for fun and not very often anymore. Put one of facebook as my new profile pic. Meh, not that it really matters. I look like me and if people dont like me for whatever reason thats their choice. I like me (mostly lol)
     I am enjoying my NY visit, I love my Dad and the man is a pip I tell you. More on him in a day or so. So its half midnight and I still have to take off my war paint so I bid you all a good night, Ciao for now! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment