Monday, June 13, 2016

Night and Day Indeed

.    So I'm sitting in bed, lights out, and it's delightfully chilly in the bedroom. It's a half hour until midnight. I may be done with this blog by then. Lol.
So I left to go to NYC on Friday night.  Left later than I normally would as the sun is setting later and people freak out and drive badly when the sun is setting. I don't know why, perhaps they forgot sunglasses but there was rather heavy traffic. Got to Dads and we chatted for a bit then went to bed. I was getting up early Saturday. Fast forward to Saturday. It's just after 9am and my sister gets to the house and off we go, out to the islands or breakfast/brunch.  We went to a place called Maureen's Kitchen. It's over in Smithtown out on long island.   So I was expecting to wait quite a long time as I've been told the wait is lengthy but worth it. The restaurant has even been on Food Network show Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Well we got seated inside of 15 minutes. So we are deciding what to have. Sis gets a French toast croissant stuffed with cream cheese and raspberry preserves and a side of sausage, I got lemon poppy seed ricotta pancakes, with a side of bacon. As I watch other folks get served, I notice the portions are huge. Ours arrives and oh man does it look fantastic. I forgot to mention mine came with fresh strawberries on top. Lots of them. It was fabulous. I think these were the best pancakes I've had in years.  The lemon flavor was just right and the strawberries were lush! Sis said hers was excellent and it looked heavenly.  We left about an hour and a half later and asked, so what do we want to do. One thing we both enjoy us just getting in the car and driving. No plans, just go. So that's what we did. We ended out at a town called Orient Point which is the farthest you can go on the north shore without going over water.  We spent some time out there. It was a very nice day, but it always is when I spend it with my sister. We are two peas in a pod except she's way more organized than me. I try, I do and at work I succeed. It's personal life I get cluttered. Lol
     She gave me some clothes to try if I want them.  In the bag were several capri pants. Tried one on tonight and well they fit fine. I just wouldn't call them capris on me. My sister is about 7" taller than me.  So yep, I'm almost at a perfect ankle length on these babies. Sigh.  LOL
      So I go to bed last night in a fine mood, only to wake up and read of this horrific shooting in Orlando FL.  Such a tragedy. 50 dead and 53 wounded. Worst shooting in America. So it seems it was  terrorist related, but of course the anti gun lobby starts.  I have no issue with guns except that you do not need a AK-47 to go deer hunting. Problem is that the people who buy guns for bad reasons will always find a way to get one.  I don't have the answers but my heart goes out to them all. The ones who died and their families/friends.  Also too the wounded, that they all pull through.
      So on a somber note, I once again say, hug the ones you love. Tell them you love them and  because sometimes tomorrow never promised to anyone.
 ciao for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment