Sunday, July 30, 2017

Lets Catch Up

So I am writing this from my hotel room. No I'm not on vacation.    Lets start with I have now finished my first week of training at the new job. I like it, its very interesting. The people are really nice and its something like I've never done. I mean talking with people are fine. I can that do that in my sleep.  Its the lab work and familiarizing myself with the lab tests and results. I'm really enjoying it. In a few weeks I get to go to pathology to lean how they process labs drawn.  Only thing is I'm not supposed to wear open toe shoes. I have been wearing grey woven sneakers and they are fine but today I went to Walmart and bought a cheap pair of black ballet flats. I also bought 2 blouses and a pair of capris. The prices are great, no wonder the fatties love it. This one now does too.  I mean its not posh but they are very nice and I need to watch my pennies  which brings me to the reason I am at a hotel.  Somewhere in the basement a pipe burst and we ended up having a swimming pool in our basement. So hubs had to turn off the water on Friday morning so that evening we went to the hotel. So he went back today and the water has GONE UP about an inch. The water was turned off!! How did it rise?? So hubs called me to have me call the water department and shut the main valve off. Its at street level, so they came this afternoon.  The water is NOW TOTALLY OFF!! We have to call back once all is fixed. We were supposed to check out of the hotel tomorrow but now we are staying at least until this coming Friday. Good thing I get paid on that Friday we will need it. Luckily the hotel is letting us stay at the cheaper rate for the length of our stay. Huge help.. So with the good news came the bad.  I verified that we do not need to call our homeowners association as they really don't give a damn what goes on inside the house as long as you stay within their paint choices and fix everything they tell you to do on the outside of the house. They are useless parasites!
     I am now cooking dinner as hubs is at the house with the cat. We were thinking of bringing her but it didn't make sense to upset her as the door to the basement is closed anyway now. She would be more traumatized by the cat carrier. At least hubs was able to take off some days from work. I obviously cannot. I tell ya, not a happy bunny. Here's hoping for a lottery win  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment